1984 Ibanez JP20 Joe Pass Signature with original brown hardshell case.
The JP20 features a full-sized, single cutaway, full hollow body design with an arched spruce top with f holes and multi-layer binding on maple back and sides. It has a set-in three-piece maple neck with a 22-fret ebony fingerboard with binding and pearl and abalone split block position markers. Components include a single Ibanez Super 58 humbucking pickup with a gold cover mounted in a black pickup ring between the neck and bridge; a height-adjustable ebony bridge with ebony tailpiece; a bone nut; a tortoise pickguard; Sure Grip knobs; and VelveTune tuning machines with pearloid acrylic buttons.
*The overall condition is good but there are a couple of what appear to be lacquer cracks one the side and on the top near the fingerboard (see photos). Some ageing to the binding which is quite common for these Japanese archtops.
- Top: Laminate Spruce
- Body: Fully Hollow, Maple
- Neck Material:3 Piece Maple
- Fingerboard: Ebony with Ivoroid Binding
- Fingerboard Inlay: Abalone and Pearl Split Blocks
- Body Binding: 7-ply Cream/Black
- Nut: Bone 44.5mm
- Bridge: Ebony
- Scale Length:25 1/2"
- Pickup: Single Ibanez Super 58 Humbucker
- Pickguard: Tortoise-style
- Tailpiece: Ebony
- Controls: 1 x Volume, 1 x Tone
- Tuners: Ibanez VelveTune Gold
- Case: Original Hard Case