Hand-crafted in Canterbury, Kent by Alister Atkin and his small team of talented luthiers, the OOO-series guitars are based very closely on the pre-war guitars which are revered by so many players who love sweet, singing trebles on a versatile all-rounder.
Moving the 12 fret to the body has three important consequences: Firstly, the bridge moves closer to the centre of the lower bout where it can vibrate more freely, altering the tone and sustain of the instrument; secondly, the shorter neck is also stiffer, putting more of the strings’ energy into the soundboard. Finally, the nut moves closer to the player’s body, making for a comfortable playing position.
- Top:Torrified Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides:East Indian rosewood
- Backstrip:Zipper Style
- Headstock overlay:East Indian Rosewood
- Logo:Atkin Decal
- Truss Rod:Adjustable double action
- Scale: 25.5"
- Nut width: 1 3/4"
- Binding:Grained ivoroid
- Bracing:Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Lacquer Nitrocellulose Aged finish
- Nut & Saddle:Bone
- Tuners:Nickel Gotoh
- Side Dots Fret Markers:White Celluloid
Fret Markers:Mother of Pearl
- Pickup: Fishman Matrix Infinity
- Case:Atkin Hardshell