B-Stock Atkin Forty Three Aged Finish
Small mark on the soundboard (treble side lower bout). See photos.
Hand-crafted in Canterbury, Kent by Alister Atkin and his small team of talented luthiers, the 'Forty Three' pays homage to the legendary banner-era J-45, a classic design that has inspired so many players and guitar makers around the world.
Direct and powerful, but with an easy-playing shorter scale length, it’s easy to see why this guitar has been favoured by so many singer-songwriters over the years. The big-bodied J-45 shape, combined with a Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides, delivers warm mids, solid lows and great definition. It’s a timeless acoustic guitar tone.
- Top: Baked Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Backstrip: None
- Neck: Mahogany
- Headstock overlay: Walnut
- Logo: Atkin & Banner Decal
- Truss Rod: Adjustable double action
- Scale: 24 7/8"
- Fretboard: Santos Rosewood
- Nut width: 1 11/16"
- Bridge: Santos Rosewood
- Rosette: Black/White/Black
- Purfling: Herringbone
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Bracing: Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Lacquer Nitrocellulose Aged finish
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Tuners: Nickel Kluson Aged
- Side Dots Fret Markers: White Celluloid
- Fret Markers: Mother of Pearl Dots
- Case: Atkin Hardshell by TKL