True to John D’Angelico’s original archtop design in every detail, the Excel EXL-1 Throwback is a 17-inch-wide, 3-inch-deep archtop strapped with only a single floating mini-humbucker.
Paired with wide open archtop body design, a Seymour Duncan USA Custom Shop Johnny Smith Floating Mini-Humbucker gives the Excel EXL-1 its legendary warm acoustic tone.
Matching the new Throwback Collection scroll-style headstock, a satin-finished macassar ebony pickguard adds comfort, style, and old-school swag.
Designed by John D’Angelico in the 1940s, the new Throwback Scroll-style headstock design offers a more minimalistic, contemporary take on the opulent D’Angelico headstock design.
- Neck: Three Piece Maple
- Neck Profile: C-Shape
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Nut: Bone 1 11/16"
- Fretwire: Medium Jumbo Nickel Silver
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Body Dimensions: 17" x 3"
- Body Top: Laminated Spruce
- Body Back/Sides: Laminated Flame Maple
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Binding: 5-ply body, 2-ply Throwback F-hole
- Binding Material: Ivoroid
- Logo: Mother of Pearl Headstock
- Fingerboard Inlay: Mother of Pearl Full Fret Block
- Finish: Gloss
- Tailpiece: D'Angelico Satin Ebony Macassar, Throwback Flag
- Bridge: Floating Ebony
- Tuners: Grover Super Rotomatic
- Knobs: 2 Mini-Hexagon
- Pickup: USA Seymour Duncan Johnny Smith Floating Mini-Humbucker
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Case
***PHOTOS ARE OF THE ACTUAL GUITAR IN STOCK***