2011 Collings SoCo Deluxe All-Mahogany in Brown Burst (Dog Hair) Finish
This stunning custom model has an all-mahogany build. Its appearance is perhaps a bit more understated but no less elegant with its ivoroid-bound top, back, neck, and headstock, punctuated with the custom headstock "Flourish" inlay. And, it is equipped with the highly sought-after ThroBak SLE-101MXV's for maximum clarity and dynamic range to complement the traditionally warm tone of mahogany.
Other SoCo attributes include all-solid wood construction which imparts a complexity to each note that is perfectly balanced across the frequency spectrum and a thinner body which helps to resist feedback. Finally, though its semi-hollowbody construction would suggest that this guitar is built for jazz, one will be pleased to discover that it is versatile enough to cover rock blues, R&B, and more!
In excellent condition throughout but for a small ding on the headstock and one on the back of the neck. Beautifully set up with a low action.
Current new price for a same spec guitar is in the region of £8k and a two-year wait! These don't come up for sale very often and there's good reason for it. Put simply, these are some of the best semi-hollow guitars being built today.
• Solid Carved Mahogany top, back, and sides
• 15" semi-hollow body construction
• Mahogany neck
• Ebony fingerboard and headstock veneer
• Mother of Pearl dot fingerboard inlays
, "Flourish" headstock inlay
• ThroBak SLE-101 MXV pickups installed
• Gotoh tuner w/Ivoroid buttons
• Ivoroid binding on neck, body, and headstock
• Black/white/black purfling
• Gold Kluson/Tone-Pros Tune-o-matic bridge and stop-tailpiece
• Gold hardware
• 1 11/16" wide bone nut
• 25" scale
• 22 frets
• Ivoroid pickup rings and knobs (individual volume & tone for each pickup)
• Sunburst finish
• 7.44 Ibs
• Original Deluxe Ameritage arched-top hardshell case included
***PHOTOS ARE OF THE ACUTAL GUITAR IN STOCK***