Comins GCS-1ES Guitar Craft Series Semi-Hollow Guitar - Violin Burst
I've always been a big fan of Bill Comin's guitars. I first came across his Guitar Craft Series several years ago while at Ivor Mairants. Designed by Bill and built in South Korea to his exact specifications, the GCS-1ES is a solidly built semi-hollow guitar designed for musicians looking for a well-made practical and roadworthy musical instrument. Inherently versatile, it can produce a myriad of tonalities suitable for blues, rock, country, and jazz playing. It is adorned by a laminated Spruce top with a laminated Sapele back, and the sides/internal block structure are routed from a solid wood core. This design yields a balanced and even articulation with enhanced sustain characteristics.
Included is a TKL hard-shell case.
Bill personally ensures that every instrument receives a precision fret-dress and setup before being shipped. I’m confident these instruments will exceed your expectations for performance and value.
- Body Dimensions: 14 5/8” lower bout width, 1 5/8” depth
- Top: Laminated Spruce
- Back: Laminated Sapele
- Body and Neck Wood: Eastern Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12” radius, 24.75” scale length, 1.70” nut width, dot position markers
- Neck: Medium C shape, comfortably contoured
- Pickups and electronics: Custom wound Kent Armstrong humbucking pickups, 3 way toggle switch, (2) volume and (2) tone controls. One of the tone controls is a push/pull pot converting both pickups to single coil mode.
- Hardware finish: Chrome
- Tuners: Wilkinson, smooth 19:1 gear ratio
- Binding: Multi-ply ivory/black surround the peghead, neck, and body back with additional plies surrounding the body top